I have so much floating through my head that I cannot possibly make sense of it all right now, so here is the most random list ever:
- Charisse started 3rd grade last week and I got to take her to school. I know there’s going to be a day where she doesn’t want me to take her anymore and where she doesn’t call me Sissy, but I am going to soak up that time while I still can and while she is still willing. I love that girl with all of my heart, so much at times it hurts. I can’t believe how grown up she is. It feels like she was just born, and I was holding in the hospital for the first time hours after she was born. Man. I never knew love could feel like this. I can’t even imagine what all of the mams in this world feel for their babies.
- I hope some day I have little people of my own to call me mama. Maybe that’s a simplistic goal in life, but that’s what I want: a house that is teeming with babies of my own and a husband to love and a mighty God to serve. (I already have the third. I hope He sees fit to provide me with the first two!)
- I’ve been reading the Blended Bible reading plan on my YouVersion app. (Actually, I read in my physical Bible, but I like checking off the stuff in the app and having it tell me how much I’ve completed, so I do that.) It’s pretty awesome because I read two books at a time, one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament, and it’s not in order. I read Genesis and Romans at the same time and now I’m reading Isaiah (which I’ve never read before) and Mark. Keeps me on my feet. Actually, when I read Romans I was like, “Look at all this good stuff in here!” I’d just read it a few weeks before as I was reading through the New Testament from start to finish, and I feel like I remembered nothing of what I was reading recently.
- I wish I was better at memorizing the Bible. I don’t want to memorize an entire book or anything, but I suck so bad at remembering verses. I have room in my head from songs like “We Go Together” (the last song in Grease, a bunch of nonsense words!) but I cannot memorize Scripture. #firstworldproblems, right?
- I apologize for the hashtag in the previous bullet.
- I’m moving soon! Ahhh — craziness. Hopefully it’s for a while this time. You know, “a while” meaning “until a husband comes along.” Which could be soon or not soon. I also suck at being patient. Too bad I don’t know any Bible verses about that one!
- I bought the most awesome mustard yellow cardigan a few days ago. Too bad the only place it’s cold enough to wear it is in my freezing cold office. It’s been sooo yucky hot lately! (Hot for Ventura, anyhow.)
- I’m attending another Women of Faith conference in two weeks! I can’t wait. I’ll be spending the night at a hotel down there. I feel like such a big girl, booking a hotel and heading away for a day.
Well, I think that’s enough for now! Perhaps my mind can be more focused now that it’s been emptied a little bit!